- 1st Base: Get started
Work with your Human Resources department to approve your participation in the program. Once approved, simply register your company team online at RallyfortheJimmyFund.org, set fundraising and recruitment goals, and customize your team’s online fundraising page.
- 2nd Base: Recruit teammates
Persuade colleagues, family, and friends to join your team with promotional materials, encouraging them to give $10 or more to the Jimmy Fund through your team’s online fundraising page. Create goals and incentives for your team members. Send letters explaining the program to your co-workers.
Remember: anyone can join your Rally team, even people who do not work at your place of business, so think big and ask all your friends to participate!
- 3rd Base: Fundraise
Here are a few creative fundraising ideas and activities to reach your goal:
*All events must be reviewed and approved by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute before moving forward. Please contact RallyfortheJimmyFund@dfci.harvard.edu
or call 617-582-7724 to discuss your fundraising ideas and event-related plans with the Jimmy Fund.
- Hold a 5K run/walk, pizza party, bake sale, open mic night, bowl-a-thon, happy hour, or movie night, at work or a local venue. All guests pay an entrance fee at the door with 100% of the proceeds to go directly toward your team total. You’d be surprised how many venues will donate space and food to support your cause!
- Set up a table in a high-traffic area of your company, and ask everyone who walks by to make a contribution to your Rally team. With permission, use the entrance of your cafeteria (if you have one), and ask the chef to prepare a Red Sox-themed menu with hot dogs, pretzels, peanuts, and Cracker Jacks.
- Encourage teammates to ask their companies about matching gifts to increase your fundraising tally. Some companies will even double or triple the gift amount.
- Set-up a tray of bagels or donuts at a communal kitchen with a contributions box.
- Organize a fitness class (zumba, yoga, spinning) at a local gym and charge an entrance fee.
- Ask local businesses to donate items that can be used as participation incentives, opportunity drawing prizes, or for a charitable auction. You can also ask your company to donate a prime parking spot, dining dollars, or ticket(s) to a corporate sponsored event.
- Work with your company to post an announcement about your Rally team on the website or newsletter to let everyone know about your Rally for the Jimmy Fund.
- Submit your "Why I Rally" story and share with friends, family, and co-workers. Everyone has been affected by cancer in some way. Sharing the personal reasons why you are rallying with others may inspire them to support your efforts.
- Home Run: Dress for Sox-cess
Proudly wear your Red Sox gear and jeans to work on Opening Day at Fenway Park, in celebration of all monies raised in the fight against cancer! On behalf of all patients, families, and staff at Dana-Farber, we applaud you and sincerely thank you for Rallying for the Jimmy Fund!